If you were surfing the web trying to find an honest Mr. Rebates review, you’re in the right place.
If you don’t want to hear the shocking truth about this company then move on. There is nothing to see here.
But if you want to know the good and bad, then read all the gory details below.
Read our Mr. Rebates review to discover if this cashback site is right for you.
|Quick review: Mr. Rebates is totally legit. Mr. Rebates has been paying members since 2002. With over 2,500 stores to choose from, they have something for everyone. Click here to sign up for a $5 sign up bonus.|
Mr. Rebates Review
In our Mr. Rebates review, we are going to learn about Mr. Rebates which was founded in 2002 as an inventive way to save money via cash back rebates while shopping online for consumers.
In the years that have followed, they have added thousands of stores (some of these stores include Walmart, Target, and eBay), supplied the best deals and coupons, added new innovative shopping features and awarded millions of dollars in cash back to its savvy members.
But you’re probably wondering how it all works?
How Mr. Rebates Works?
If you’re wondering how these types of sites work, it’s quite simple.
All you have to do is shop. When you click on a store that catches your interest, they get a small commission when that link is clicked on.
After you make a purchase it’s shared with you in the form of cash. It’s very similar to the Rakuten business model.
Need More Help?
- First, register with Mr. Rebates. Your registration identifies you to the Mr. Rebates website and insures that you get cash back credited to your unique account.
- After registering with Mr. Rebates, you will be automatically logged in. For those who have come back to the site at a later date, you must insure that you are logged in each time you shop with Mr. Rebates by checking that your registered email address is shown in the top right-hand corner.
- Logged-in users can then shop at any of over 2000 stores by using the following methods of finding the store desired:
- View the All Stores page to get an alphabetical list of all stores at Mr. Rebates.
- Browse stores by category in the drop down navigation under “Stores” I.E. Shoes, Computers, etc.
- Search for a store name by simply typing in that store name into the search box in the top-left hand corner. I.E. “jcpenney“, “best buy“, etc.
- Alternatively, if you are looking for a specific type of product then you can use the “Product Search” feature by clicking on the radio button beneath the search box and type your product search query. I.E. “sony vaio notebook“, “closet organizer“, etc.
- After you have clicked a cash back store, make sure you complete the purchase in that same click session to insure the cash back rebate is credited to your account.
- Do not click or surf to other discount, coupon or comparison shopping websites after clicking through to a store as cash back rebate tracking can be lost if store links are clicked on other websites and a cash back rebate will not be credited to your account.
- Rebates are credited to your Mr. Rebates account usually within 1-35 business days of the ship date of your order although the wait time does vary from store to store. You will receive a confirmation email when the rebate is credited.
- After $10 in Available Rebates are accrued to your account, you can request either a rebate check be sent to a postal address location or rebate payment via Paypal.
Mr. Rebates vs. Rakuten
|Cashing Out Offers:|
|Number of Retailers:|
User Experience: Rakuten takes wins for this category. It’s clean, simple and easy to navigate. Their interface is much nicer.
Best Rates: In a random sampling of frequently shopped stores, Rakuten currently wins. Be sure to shop around before you make large purchases.
Cashing Out Offers: Mr. Rebates offers the opportunity to cash out more regularly. While Rakuten provides a lower cash out minimum at $5.01 instead of Mr. Rebates $10. Mr. Rebates win this one.
Number of Retailers: Mr. Rebates states the site offers deals from over 2,000 retailers, while Rakuten claims 1,700+. Swagbucks offers less than 1,000.
Winner: I’ve used both and I honestly prefer Rakuten over Mr. Rebates because Rakuten has a much nicer user interface. However, there are a ton of new rebate apps on the market that you should consider.
Read more: Rakuten Review – Is it worth it?
Pros & Cons About Mr. Rebates
Mr. Rebates Promotional Code
Get a $5 bonus when you make your first purchase if you go through this exclusive link.
Also you can make money by referring your friends.
First, Mr. Rebates offers several “Refer-a-Friend” tools to help you recruit other members which can all be found on the Refer-a-Friend page.
Once a new member signs up from a qualifying referral link or uses your email address as their direct referrer, that new member becomes your direct referral which can be found on your My Referrals page.
When your direct referral earns cash back at Mr. Rebates, your account will get a “referral rebate” equal to 20% of that original rebate.
Competitors and other Money Saving Apps
If you want to see the best money saving apps in one place, then you’ll be happy to know that we personally tested and reviewed 6 free and paid money-saving apps and websites.
And you can filter through the list below to find the best savings app and websites for you that will help you save money.
Managing personal finances is a painstaking task, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pay attention to budgeting. Managing your money is the best thing you can do for yourself in today’s unpredictable economy. And, there are several money saving apps that can help you achieve your goal.
Whether you want to save money for a vacation or saving up for a car, it’s crucial you stick to a saving or spending plan.
Here are a couple of sites and apps like Mr. Rebates that you should consider using to save money.
Apps Like Mr. Rebates
Ready to sign up for Mr. Rebates?
I hope you’ve enjoyed our thorough Mr. Rebates review if you are ready to sign up then you can sign up at https://www.mrrebates.com/.