Thinking about taking your career to the next level?
An increasing number of Millennials are deciding to take their careers into their own hands.
But if you’ve got a small business idea that could be a money generator, you still need to figure out how to turn it into a profitable business venture.
Regardless of whether it involves working in technology, gaming, catering, retail or construction, you might be tempted to draw upon your own savings or borrow funds from family and friends in order to get started.
However, this carries a lot of personal risks and could create problems later on in your development.
Want Free Money?
- Aspiration: Want to get spotted a $150 for free? Simply sign up for Aspiration, and the free banking app will give you cash for free, you just relax while it gives you $150 just for opening a new debit card. There’s no catch. This bank account is legit and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
On the other hand, you could raise capital for each stage of your business’ development by exploring what options you have to fund a startup.
How to Fund a Startup
Millennials, don’t worry. There are ways to make your dreams become a reality.
Here are the smartest ways to fund your startup.
1) Investment Crowdfunding
For many startups, investment crowdfunding can prove to be an invaluable way of generating funds for your business using an online platform such as Kickstarter, Seedrs, and Crowdfunder.
It typically involves you appealing to investors and explaining the various benefits of investing in your business through creating articles, videos and holding live Q&A sessions.
However, in exchange for their funds, you’ll need to offer them equity in your business.
2) Peer-to-Peer Lending
Just like Investment Crowdfunding, Peer-to-Peer Lending (or Loan-based crowdfunding) also requires you to appeal directly to investors across an online platform and can be very useful for both start-ups and small businesses alike.
If you’re able to convince them of the potential of your business idea, they may decide to join a panel of investors who will pull their funds together to form an Unsecured Loan.
3) Venture Capital
Venture Capital works by pitching to an individual or corporate investor and offering shares in your business.
In order to convince them to invest, you must show that your business has high growth potential growth or is currently experiencing rapid growth.
As such, you’ll need to present a well thought out business plan, a short summary of what you do, team summary, clear financial projections (cashflow forecasts, bottom line, expenses, profits, and turnover) and a comprehensive understanding of how much capital you need to raise.
But before approaching investors, you need to assess which sectors they work with and check whether their goals align with your vision.
Advances are different from loans in that they’re merely forwarding the money that your business would have eventually earned (Future Revenue).
- Merchant Cash Advance: In order to generate an advance for your business, you’ll need to submit card-based sales reports (credit and debit card) for the last 3 or more consecutive months. This will enable lenders to calculate your average card-based revenue. So if you regularly take around $25,000 per month in card sales, then the advance that you’ll receive could be in the same region.
- Revenue Advance: Although similar to a Merchant Cash Advance, a Revenue Advance takes into account the whole of your business’ monthly revenue streams (card and cash).
- Invoice Financing: If your business is able to trade using business-to-business invoices that are worth in excess of $5,000, you could release up to 90% of the capital they contain though applying for a short-term Invoice Finance agreement. Once the debtor has fully repaid the invoice, the lender will release a balance (for example, the remaining 10%) to your business minus costs and fees.
5) Business Loans
Business Loans are typically secured or unsecured, and can be invaluable in providing a large lump sum for small and established businesses.
Games That Pay You To Play - Yes, We're Serious
These 3 apps will PAY YOU to play games on your mobile device:
However, in order to make an informed decision, you need to understand how they differ and what that means for your business.
- Unsecured Business Loans: allow you to borrow between $5,000 – $250,000 without the need to put unencumbered business assets (equipment, machinery, vehicles, and property) at risk. However, due to the amount of risk, this exposes the lender to, unsecured agreements are often subject to stricter lending criteria and carry more interest (compared with secured agreements). Nevertheless, this remains a very useful option if you aren’t currently a homeowner.
- Secured Business Loans: on the other hand, a secured product could enable you to borrow anywhere between $5,000 – $1,000,000. This time, you’ll need to present the lender with security using your unencumbered assets. Although this may allow you to borrow more capital, you run the risk of having your assets repossessed should your business default on the fixed monthly repayment scheme.
Most often banks simply aren’t willing to provide a business loan if you lack business history or profits. If you’ve been turned down or delayed by traditional banks, alternative business funding is the way to go.
Ready to Start Your Own Business? Go Get It!
Starting your own business can feel very intimidating.
On top of forming an effective business plan and getting your basic day-to-day operations in order, you also need to ensure that you’re able to support your business’ growth.
Fortunately, these options to fund a startup are able to help, giving you access to a wide range of finance solutions for funding your startup.
Want Free Money?
The Best Apps to Save You Real Money
We are on our phone a lot, right? Wouldn't it make sense to save money with the best money saving apps?
|App||At a glance||download|
Get a $100 bonus at Aspiration when you open and fund an account with $10 or more. Then use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within 60 days of account opening.
|CLAIM $100 BONUS|
Open a new account in the next 24 hours and you could get up to $200 in free stock.
|CLAIM FREE STOCK|
This free app delivers on its promise to save you money effortlessly. You can use it to lower your bills, cancel unwanted subscriptions and bill negotiations.
|SLASH YOUR BILLS|