In today's digital age, the landscape of traditional employment is rapidly shifting, giving rise to a plethora of online jobs that cater to a variety of skills and experiences.
Among the most sought-after of these are data entry jobs from home. These roles not only offer the allure of flexible schedules but also open up a world of opportunities for those eager to delve into work-from-home opportunities.
Whether you're a stay-at-home parent, a student, or someone just looking to diversify their income, online data entry positions present a viable and attractive option.
This article delves deep into the realm of home-based data entry roles, unpacking their benefits, challenges, and what potential candidates should know to secure their ideal position in the ever-expanding world of online employment.
Best Entry Level Data Entry Jobs Online
When you are looking for work-from-home data entry jobs, it can be tough to know where to start. You don't want to waste your time on remote data entry jobs that promise lucrative pay but don't live up to it.
You'll only want to spend time working with reputable online jobs from companies that have been verified as legitimate. Here are the best entry-level data entry specialist jobs online:
Flexible and Freelance Online Data Input Jobs
Eager to dive into legitimate data entry work from the comfort of your home? A plethora of opportunities awaits you. Browse the list below to find the data input job that aligns best with your preferences. Whether you're looking for part-time or full-time roles, there's a data entry specialist position tailored for you.
While some jobs might be short-term, they offer invaluable experience that can be a stepping stone for your career once your contract concludes.
FlexJobs is an online job board and career resource that specializes in remote, flexible, part-time, and freelance job listings. Unlike many other job boards, FlexJobs curates its listings, ensuring that the jobs posted are legitimate and scam-free.
Here are some reasons why you might consider using FlexJobs to find an online data entry job:
- Curated Listings: FlexJobs' team reviews job listings to ensure they're genuine and not scams. This gives job seekers peace of mind that the opportunities they're applying for are legitimate.
- Focus on Flexibility: FlexJobs specifically caters to those looking for remote, flexible, part-time, or freelance opportunities. If you are specifically seeking an online data entry job, you'll find that FlexJobs has a robust selection of these kinds of roles.
- Reputable Companies: Many well-known and reputable companies post their job openings on FlexJobs. This means you can find high-quality online data entry jobs from trustworthy employers.
- Job Search Resources: FlexJobs offers members a variety of resources such as career coaching, resume reviews, webinars, articles, and more to help in the job search and career progression.
- Advanced Search Options: Their platform allows for specific and detailed search criteria, enabling job seekers to find exactly the type of job they're looking for, down to the details like job type, career level, and more.
However, it's worth noting that FlexJobs is a subscription-based service, meaning you'll need to pay a fee to access the full range of job listings and resources.
While some might see this as a drawback, many find that the quality and specificity of the jobs, combined with the added resources and scam-free guarantee, justify the cost.
microWorkers is a site that invites people to do various micro tasks including data entry work. It shortlists the jobs that are urgently required to be completed.
If you are planning to visit this site, then you need to be proficient at your work as it pays a good salary to work-from-home employees who have data entry skills. You will be assigned different tasks, such as rating, image transcription, sentiment analysis, data mining, search relevance, survey, data annotation, content moderation, translation, image tagging, etc.
Scribie offers transcription services and data entry to its customers. Working for Scribie is easy if you have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the American, Indian, Australian, and British accents.
You are allowed to choose your own job profile and work according to your own time. The minimum salary that you may get is $5 per hour that can also be increased to $25 per hour for an audio recording as per the quality of your work.
Freelancer is a website that provides you an opportunity to earn a handsome amount of money with zero investment. If you plan to do data entry work with this website, you can select your specialization, choose an employer, and bid on the projects you want to do.
Gotranscript provides an opportunity for skilled people to transcription from home to earn a good amount of money. It gives you work as per your choice and provides time flexibility.
You can earn on average $150 per month. The top skilled work-from-home employees have also been able to earn a maximum of $1215 per month.
Clickworker includes many tasks like data categorization, mystery photography, app testing, web research, survey, home data entry, etc. After getting registered with the site, you will be assigned work as per your skills and qualifications.
You will be given more responsibilities if the quality of work delivered by you is excellent. There are no fixed working hours; thus, you can work as per your choice. You will either get paid monthly or weekly for your data entry work.
Rev.com is a website that uses a traditional method and hires skilled locals for getting its work done. It requires you to be updated with technological advancements so that you can provide quality and valuable services to the customers.
You may earn a maximum of up to $1 per minute as per the job profile selected by you. It is one of the top 100 companies offering work-from-home jobs as stated by REALSIMPLE magazine.
Companies that Hire Remote Data Entry Clerks
If you are interested in working for a big company instead of being a freelancer then this list will help. There are actually quite a few legitimate companies hiring remote data entry workers for home data entry jobs.
They may be hiring right now, so it's wise to check often.
8. Birch Creek Communications
Birch Creek Communications is a US-based corporation that hires job seekers and pays as per the accuracy of the work done. It provides outstanding research, competitive intelligence, transcription services, make copies, and data entry work.
The more accurate work you submit, the more you will get a payment. You may work as per your wish but maximum job options are available from Monday to Friday during the corporate working hours.
DionData Solutions is a US-based company which dedicatedly works round-the-clock to satisfy all the requirements specified by its clients. It doesn’t only hire US citizens but people from many other countries to do data entry job from home.
To get hired in this company for a data entry job, you just need to have an average writing speed of 50 WPM and good computer knowledge. If you visit the website of this company, it is clearly written that it does not hire anyone through social networking sites.
Lionbridge is a successful company providing work from home opportunities to many people from the last 20 years. It is associated with global market leaders like Nokia, Pearson, Motorola, Samsung, Rolls Royce, etc.
You need not worry about your work obligations as it provides you with tasks that match your skills and talents as stated by you.
Well, now that you know about the top companies that hire work-from-home employees and data entry specialists for online data entry jobs, you should also learn about the basic skills and traits that are required for these jobs in order to earn a lucrative amount.
Top Skills and Personal Traits Required for Data Entry Jobs
In order to be successful as a data entry clerk or other home data entry jobs, you'll want to make sure you brush up on the following skills:
You need to be very clear when communicating with your employer about the payment, length of work, quality of work, the deadline of completion of the work, penalty changes, etc. This will help you get a clear understanding of the work and requirements of your client.
As home data entry jobs include many micro-task like copywriting, proofreading, editing, form filling, formatting, etc., one should have good literary skills. Thus, to improve the quality of your work and earn more, you need to enhance your vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills.
Most data entry jobs from home require a high school diploma, but some may even require a bachelor's degree. It all depends on the company you work for and the contract you sign.
Ability to Endure in Difficult Situations
Many times, you may come across difficult circumstances while doing the data entry job. However, you should have the ability to survive those situations rather than succumbing to them.
So, in order to get hired for a home data entry job, you need to be patient and know how to handle every situation with ease.
The most basic as well as an important requirement when you apply for the job be it offline/online work from home is to have good knowledge of the basics of computers like the Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. You should also be well-versed with the latest happenings in the computer world, including document review.
Remote work requires you to organize your schedule and perform the daily chores along with online applied tasks to earn maximum money and deliver in a timely manner. A good organization will help you in completing your household work on time and then get started with the data entry job.
The average typing speed required for a data entry job is 25 WPM which many people generally have when they apply for data entry jobs from home. But, if you want to earn more with remote work, then you will have to increase the typing speed up to 60 WPM.
So, these were all a few basic skills and personal traits that a person needs to have when applying for the data entry job. So, if you feel that you are a good fit for this job, then you can apply for these companies listed above.
If you get hired, you can do different types of data entry jobs from which you may select any to earn as per your skills. Again, many of these jobs only require a high school diploma, so you don't have to pay for a college education to do this remote work.
What Are the Different Types of Data Entry Jobs?
Data entry jobs are primarily about entering information into digital formats by using word processing or data processing software hosted on a computer. The nature of the data being entered can vary widely depending on the industry and specific role.
Here are several types of data entry jobs:
- Traditional Data Entry Clerk: This is the most common type of data entry job where you'll be entering general information into a system. It could be anything from names and addresses to orders or inventory information.
- Data Entry Keyers: They focus specifically on entering vast amounts of numerical or other specific data. They are required to maintain speed and accuracy.
- Transcriptionists: This job involves listening to recorded or live audio and typing what you hear. It's common in the medical and legal fields, and speed and accuracy are essential.
- Medical Coding: Medical coders transfer healthcare billings into codes for insurance purposes. Knowledge of the medical field can be crucial for this role.
- Online Form Entry: In this role, individuals enter details into specific online forms provided by businesses.
- Data Cleansing or Data Scrubbing: This role involves detecting and correcting (or removing) errors and inconsistencies in data to improve its quality.
- Data Conversion Specialist: Convert data from one electronic format to another.
- Captcha Entry Jobs: Here, workers are required to enter captcha text & characters as it is to validate and enter.
- Updating Database: Jobs that involve updating existing databases, like adding new entries or deleting outdated ones.
- Copy Paste Jobs: Simple jobs where data needs to be copied from one place and pasted into another place (like a spreadsheet).
- Micro Jobs: This might include simple tasks that involve data entry. For example, tagging photos or writing short descriptions.
- Document Image Review: Reviewing and entering data from images.
- Survey Forms: Entering data from customer feedback forms.
- Scanning Documents: Some jobs might involve scanning physical documents and ensuring they're entered into a system correctly.
- Catalog Data Entry Operator: Entering information about products into online or offline catalogs.
Accuracy and attention to detail are crucial for most data entry jobs. The speed is also an essential factor for many of these roles. As technology evolves, some data entry tasks are becoming automated, but there's still a demand for human accuracy and discernment in many areas.
The Best Part of Working Data Entry Jobs From Home: Flexibility
Work-from-home jobs in data entry are a boon for those ready to embrace technology and showcase their skills. As a data entry specialist, not only do you get to relish the advantages of remote work, but you also step into a fulfilling and rewarding career. The perks of online data entry jobs are numerous:
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Inclusivity, with no barriers related to age, gender, qualifications, or eligibility.
- Convenience in job application and work scheduling.
- The freedom to work in your personal space, unhindered by strict rules or regulations.
If you're looking to secure a role as a data entry clerk or explore various other data entry positions, several top-tier websites offer lucrative entry-level opportunities. By now, you're also aware of the key skills that can enhance your earning potential from the comfort of your home.
Ready to elevate your lifestyle and pocket some extra income? Dive in by registering on any of the recommended websites and embark on your data entry journey.