As cryptocurrency continues to go mainstream and the economy is incorporating crypto into daily spending and transactions — many people are now learning about easy ways to spend crypto.
This has brought about the upsurge in the number of available crypto credit cards, which offer cash back oon spending and purchases, coupled with trading benefits and access to a variety of services at a discount.
If you are new to the crypto space and seeking to invest and earn passively while going about your daily business then this article is for you.
Here are 7 of the best crypto credit cards that you should definitely consider.
5 Best Crypto Credit Cards for 2023
We’ve curated the best crypto credit and debit cards you can use to make life easier. Here are the 7 best crypto credit cards.
- Upgrade — Best no fee card
- Crypto.com — Best for a variety of cryptocurrencies supported
- Coinbase — Best for US residents
- Wirex — Best for cardholder perks
- Binance — Best for zero fees
Our pick for the best crypto credit card pick is Upgrade:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind.
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Visa® Credit Card is one of several credit cards offered by the financial firm Upgrade and issued by Sutton Bank. It serves as a credit card and personal loan all in one, allowing you to make purchases then pay down your balance in equal monthly installments for a set number of months with a fixed interest rate.
That may not be the only distinction: When you make your monthly payments, the card earns 1.5% back in Bitcoin, another among a growing number of credit cards that provide crypto rewards. This card also offers you credit line from $500 – $25,000, depending on your credit score.
- No monthly fees, no foreign transaction fees
- 1.5% transaction fee when taking statement option by selling Bitcoin
The card currently supports just Bitcoin.
1.5% Bitcoin is earned on purchases made with the card, which is deposited in the NYDIG wallet and can redeem or kept there to accrue value as the price of Bitcoin increases.
Also, membership of this credit card provides users with access to services like Trip & Baggage Insurance, Roadside Dispatch, Purchase Protection, Travel & Emergency Assistance Services, and Extended Warranty Protection.
Upgrade Bitcoin Reward Visa Card is available to users in the United States, with the exemption of certain states like the District of Colombia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington, West Virginia & Wisconsin.
- Percentage Bitcoin back on all purchases
- $200 bonus when you open a Rewards Checking account and make 3 debit card transactions
- Access to several extra services
- Insured by FDIC
- Potential Investment as Bitcoin held for 90 may increase as Bitcoin price increases.
- The card cannot be used at ATMs
- Rewards have limited flexibility
- Availability is still very restricted
The Crypto.com Visa Card is a prepaid card made for holders of cryptocurrency that want to transact fluidly between fiat and cryptocurrency.
This comes with the added advantage of purchase rebates in the form of CRO tokens (which is the official token of the exchange) and other rewards such as free access to services such as Netflix, Spotify, Airport lounge access among other things.
- No monthly fees, delivery fees, or ATM fees
- Trading fees: 0.4% taker & maker fee on trading volume of $0 – $25,000
A card from Crypto.com currently supports a total of 7 coins:
- Paxos Standard
This was updated in July 2021 on the company’s blog, which added 17 new supported Cryptocurrencies for card top-up.
The perks on the card from Crypto.com which include purchase rebates, reimbursement on subscriptions, and access to premium services, are determined by the card tier of the user.
Below are the tiers, staking fee, card limit on ATM withdrawals (per month), and rewards:
- Midnight Blue: $0 stake, 1% rebate, $200 withdrawal limit
- Ruby Steel: $400 stake, 2% rebate, $400 withdrawal limit
- Royal Indigo & Jade Green: $4,000 stake, 3% rebate, $800 withdrawal limit
- Frosted Rose Gold & Icy White: $40,000 stake, 5% rebate, $1000 withdrawal limit
- Obsidian: $400,000 stake, 8% rebate, $1000 withdrawal limit
These cards attract an additional 2% card on withdrawals above the limit and access to other rewards like Spotify, Netflix, Amazon prime, Airbnb, Airport lounge access, bonus reward, Private Jet partnership, and exclusive merchandise welcome pack depending on your card tier.
Crypto.com Visa Card is available to users in the United States, Europe, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Asian-Pacific regions.
- Percentage Bitcoin back on all purchases
- Interest back on all CRO staking
- Fiat and Crypto option top-up and withdrawal
- In-app option to change pin and freeze card in case of loss
- It is expensive. You would have to stake at least $400 to get actual benefits from the card.
- There is not a reversal on top-up.
- Notifications are heavy and can choke up relevant information.
- Transactions on this card does not affect your credit score, which can be a disadvantage to those who would have preferred an impact of their daily transactions on their credit score.
This is a Visa debit card from the Coinbase crypto platform that connects to your Coinbase wallet, allowing users to earn and spend Cryptocurrency when they make purchases.
The Coinbase Card is a Visa debit card that may be used at any Visa-accepting payment terminal, online checkout, or ATM.
- No Annual Fee
- Coinbase charges a flat 2.49 percent transaction fee.
- The company also charges a 2.49% crypto liquidation fee.
This Card supports multiple cryptocurrencies held in your Coinbase Wallet.
Right now, users can hold:
Those in the United States, fortunately, can spend any cryptocurrency in their Coinbase Wallet.
This card offers Security. Security is at the heart of everything Coinbase does, and their debit card is no different.
Bank-level security, revolutionary blockchain technology, 256-bit encryption, bespoke authentication methods, and superior fraud protection are all on the table for customers.
With the Coinbase Debit Card, cardholders may earn up to 4% back on all purchases.
Customers in roughly 30 countries, including the United Kingdom and Europe, can get a Coinbase debit card.
- Earn up to 4% back on all purchases
- Spend your Crypto instantly
- Easily choose which Crypto you want to spend
- Can earn rewards in multiple crypto assets
- Worldwide acceptance
- Mobile App enables you to easily monitor spending, track your balance and use your debit card with ease.
- 2.49% Cryptocurrency Liquidation Fee
- Since it is a debit card, it does not offer the consumer protections that a credit card does.
This is a Mastercard that customers can use anywhere. This is of great benefit because Mastercard (and VISA) are the most accepted cards globally.
It was the second cryptocurrency company to join Visa as a primary member, and the Card was formerly a VISA card.
Wirex could expand its business by issuing Visa cards, providing related financial services, applying for additional licenses, and providing payment services to clients who use that identification to pay at Visa merchants.
- No monthly fee.
- No issuance fee.
- An ATM-usage fee of USD 2.50 per withdrawal.
- No domestic transaction fees
- Wirex is available in 40 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, and most of Europe.
Crypto cashback is a rewards program offered by Wirex. You can get up to 1.5 percent cash back when you use your Wirex Card at any retailer.
- For all in-store transactions, you can earn up to 1.5 percent cash back.
- Quick notifications about your Card.
- Over 150 fiat and cryptocurrencies are accepted.
- Account funding is simple.
- Fees are subsidized.
- Rewards are modest.
- Exchanging Cryptocurrency for fiat currency is expensive.
- To receive the highest perks and rewards, users must stake a proprietary token.
- Japan, the United States, and a few other big countries do not have it.
The Binance Card serves all of the features of a regular payment card, as well as many others.
It works in the same way that a standard debit card provided by your bank — in this example, your Binance.com account — does.
Load funds onto your Card in the form of Bitcoin or BNB using the Binance Card App, and you’re ready to go.
- The Card is completely free.
- Customers only have to pay 15 USD as a first-time compulsory top-up fee.
The Card is currently supported in selected European countries, which includes: Aruba, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Curaçao, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Saint-Martin, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
The card rewards your account with up to 8% cash back on eligible purchases.
- Over 50 Cryptocurrencies are available.
- Low spending fee.
- Around 60 million merchants worldwide accept it.
- Option for automatic top-up is available.
- There are several active support platforms.
- To qualify for the 8% cashback, you must spend an average of 6000BNB.
- To receive higher rewards, one must wait until the end of the month.
Best Crypto Credit Cards Summary
From varied membership prices to different perks, functions, usage, and availability, selecting the right crypto credit card that best satisfies your spending limits and risk profile can be tasking but finding that right one will bring you into a world of financial possibility.
We look forward to market breakthroughs even as we anticipate the new ways that companies create utility for Crypto credit cards.
Bitcoin credit cards do not exist. What is available are Bitcoin Debit cards. Bitcoin Debit cards let individuals make online transactions, purchases, or withdraw cash in person from ATMs, even if the vendors and ATMs do not accept Bitcoin.
the bitcoin card. You open an account with your chosen company and purchase the Card (Wirex, Coinbase, Bitpay, or Cryptopay).
Amex EveryDay® Credit
Alliant Cashback Visa® Signature Credit Card
Cash Magnet® Card from American
USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature
Blue Cash Everyday®