The Meet Millennials Series is an ongoing series of personal stories from readers about their personal finance stories.
All of us have a story to tell about personal finance, and I created the Meet Millennials Series so that anyone can share their story with money. Talking about money has been considered taboo in the past but MMG is here to change that.
Hopefully, your submission will give some insight to readers and can inspire the readers to effect change. You can really help readers reflect on their own financial situation. Also, this can be a helpful tool for you to affirm some financial goals you may be unsure of.
It’s obvious, everyone has a different story to tell about personal finance. And, I wanted to create a series to learn about real Millennials, beyond the statistics and the generalized essays. Your piece will be posted in the Meet Millennials series so the more you speak to the honesty of your experience, the better.
Meet Millennials Series (examples)
Here are some successful submissions to the Meet Millennials Series:
- Six-Figure Salary with Six-Figure Debt
- Meet the Millennial Saving for a Tiny House
- My Top Tips For Paying Off Debt and How To Save Money
- I’m Scared To Death Of Being Broke
- Meet The Wise Millennial Who Saves Every Penny
- Shaun’s Personal Experience with Money & Finances
- Meet the Millennial Who Paid Off 43K in Student Loans in 8 Months
- How A CPA Working In Corporate America Approaches Personal Finance
- How To Achieve Financial Freedom While Being Average
- This Millennial Quit His 9-To-5 Job To Travel All Over The Country
- Meet Andrew, of Wallet Squirrel (All About Saving Your Nuts)
- Meet the Millennials behind The A&J Muse Blog
- How One Shopaholic Learned to Control Bad Spending Habits
- Millennial Families: How Can They Attain Financial Independence?
- Meet the Millennial Entrepreneurs Developing an App | StudyHubb
- Meet the Australian Millennial Who Invests in Websites
- All Submissions
No topic is too serious or not serious enough. If you save money by packing your lunch every day to work that’s all part of making fiscally smart decisions. Made a mistake with money or living beyond your means? We want to hear about that too because they are lessons learned that help us get better.
We are interested in your experience with money within bounds of these following categories: personal finance, career/education, tackling student loans and consumer debt, entrepreneurship, making side income, ways you save, & general personal finance topics.
Got Writer’s Block?
While the preference is for you to simply write about your personal financial story without being bounded to answer certain topics, when in doubt, you can always provide your answer to the following questions:
- Whats your story? (Please describe/introduce yourself in a short paragraph.) When in doubt, keep it finance focused, but introduce yourself however you want! This paragraph will start off the blog post, after a brief intro about what the series is.
- How would you describe your current financial situation? (This can be as specific or as vague as you want. Talk about your expense breakdown, your budgeting plan, or even what your relationship is with money/finances.)
- Do you consider yourself to be money-savvy?
- What financial advice would you have wished to hear when you started working?
- What financial achievement are you most proud of?
- What expense can you not live without?
- What expenses could you cut down on?
- What are your long-term financial goals?
- What are your short-term financial goals?
- Do you have any side hustles or ways to gain supplemental income?
- How do you manage to pay off student loans and/or consumer debt? Any tips?
- What career path would you choose if money was not an issue?
- Closing thoughts?
Be as honest as possible, and own your mistakes. Be funny, smart, open, and honest. Don’t take it so seriously, we are here to discuss money and be honest about our experience with it. Also, try and include a picture or two of yourself if you can. You also can remain completely anonymous if you wish.
Ready To Submit?
Send your articles to me at [email protected] or submit it below. Thanks again for your submission!